Understand our process to undersatand the development lifeycle of your technology project
Software development is creative and has to be very dynamic, to deal with many different scenarios. Requirements can change, meaning new features or changes to existing features.
For example, the dreaded feature creep scenario, where a version never seems to get completed as features keep getting added.
Our development team works in sprints, focussing on creating an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) first, before working on new versions.
We can help guide you through this process, and you can view our collaboration platform, seeing the project progress on a daily basis.
Apexacore follows a strict development process based on the principles of Agile Software Development. There are three distinct different phases of project development:
Design / Specification Phase
- Information Collation – Gather all information required for the project and store in a centralized system. Who is the targeted user and how do we connect with their needs?
- Solution Design – What is the goal or desired outcome for the project. What problem does it have to solve? How will a user best use the solution?
- Concept Design – Design the look and feel of the application. Consider user cases and how a user will want to interact with the application. Does the solution support the clients corporate branding requirements?
- Architecture Selection – What is the best technology framework to use for the project? What future requirements do we need to be aware of and build support for? Are there any off the shelf components that would speed up development or reduce risk?
- Team Selection – Who are the best team members to carry out the development, based on previous experience in similar projects?
- Testing & QA – Development of a test plan, and carried out independently of the development team. Allow client feedback with all information stored in a central system
- Code Complete – Hand off the completed project to the customer along with required documentation and any install support
Post Completion Phase
- Ongoing Support – Plan for supporting client deployments and troubleshooting issues
- Ongoing Maintenance – Plan for keeping the solution up to date with technological advancements
- Improvements – Take user feedback and analyze where improvements can be made
The Agile Manifesto is based on twelve principles:
1. Customer satisfaction by rapid delivery of useful software
2. Welcome changing requirements, even late in development
3. Working software is delivered frequently (weeks rather than months)
4. Working software is the principal measure of progress
5. Sustainable development, able to maintain a constant pace
6. Close, daily cooperation between business people and developers
7. Face-to-face conversation is the best form of communication (co-location)
8. Projects are built around motivated individuals, who should be trusted
9. Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design
10. Simplicity—the art of maximizing the amount of work not done—is essential
11. Self-organizing teams
12. Regular adaptation to changing circumstances
View Our Work
Discover some of our projects completed using this process